Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mother, Mother, Ocean...

June 18, 2015
Greetings and abundant “Thors” day blessing to Everyone!
Thor, mighty God of Thunder and protector of the common man, we honor you!
Some of you may be wondering how I will carry on my magickal practice when I return to the Sea.  Well, that’s an easy question to answer.  I will be in the powerful embrace of Mother Ocean. Aphrodite, Ishtar and Venus were called Stella Maris or Star of the Sea.  These Goddesses are very powerful indeed
In French la mere means mother and la mer means sea.
The sea is where Darwin claims that all life began.  People, have gathered their food from it, used the tides, and felt the powerful rhythm for thousands of years.
Jimmy Buffet says a bit about the lure of the Sea:
Mother, mother ocean
I’ve heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters
Since I was three feet tall
You’ve seen it all
You see it all
I’ve watched the men who rode you
Switched from sails to steam
And in your belly you hold the treasures
Few have ever seen
Most of them dreams
Most of them dreams
Yes I am pirate
Two hundred years too late
The cannons don’t thunder
There’s nothing to plunder…
Sandra Kyne the author of Sea Magic says this:
Mother Ocean is that wonderful “in-between” place... Metaphorically, we step from the beach into the true currents of our lives. Here, awash in the natural world, we discover our own sacred balance.

Some people meditate for lengthy periods to reach that place in between the spiritual realm and Earth.  I will be so fortunate to be living there!  I’ll be able to actually feel the gentle movement of the floating boat while at anchor, or the surge of the sea as we plow through the water during a rollicking sail.  I can gather and bless the water for ritual, already prepared for me by Mother Ocean, and put it in a shell.  I can meditate beneath the outrageous shimmer of the stars at night.  Then when I climb out on deck in the morning I can enjoy my coffee while watching the sparkle of Sunlight dancing on the water, watch the dolphins and water birds play, and be ever amazed at the breeching whales.  This, my friends, is a world of wonder and delight, absolutely overflowing with MAGIC!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment